Pages

About Me

My photo
I am Trevor the lactose intolerant Turtle. I was adopted by my lovely family from London Zoo. Join me in my adventures with my mummy Ananka!

Sunday 4 July 2021

Oyster Mushrooms

 

From this to this....

And finally to this...my dinner haha

A lovely mushroom risotto.


I am learning more and more each week about mushrooms. I was lucky to stumble upon these Oyster mushrooms. I eat them a lot and they can be very expensive in the shops. So was glad to find these. 

I always double check the mushroom online with some research and also check what it can be confused with. I end up spending half hour or more looking at the photos just to make sure! My advise if you are picking mushrooms, do your research and if you are unsure don't take the risk!

Also make sure you leave a few behind, so they can regrow! Don't be greedy, don't take them all.


4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your bravery with the mushroom foraging. I am still not comfortable enough with my identification. But it sounds like you have a good system!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Mark. I only know a few and comfortable with them. Yeah always best to check isn't it :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Ananka, you must be safe eating mushrooms. It's dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Irina I know, some are very bad and deadly. Thanks :-D

      Delete